February 2004 Meeting Minutes
	by Susan Dugdale	February 19, 2004

Melanie Brown called the meeting to order at 6:40 pm. In attendance were Melanie Brown, Phil Brown, Susan Dugdale, Doug Pollard, Marie Pollard, Rob Greer, Jerry Brenner, Peggy Brenner, Ronald Curcio, Laurie Wass and Patty Bixby. Items discussed are presented below.

Golf Tournament The tournament was named White Mountain Chapter BMW Car Club of America Charity Golf Tournament. It was decided that the cost per person would be $125, which includes tee time, 1 golf cart per team, a promo gift, and a BBQ ribs/chicken dinner after. Our hope is to be able to cover all the costs for the tournament and be able to give The Weber Foundation $25 per person.

The format will be a 4 person Scramble. Registration will be mail in, a form will be available to print off from the website as well as part of the flyer that goes out to each member. Mary Thompson will be developing the flyer and once completed will send info to Laurie Wass who will check out prices for printing and folding. Laurie has also presented the committee with several ideas for the promotional gift, one of which is a glass bottle etched with our logo/tourney name and filled with maple syrup. The committee agreed that we will allot $10 per person for the promotional gift and will decide at a later date what we will choose.

Phil Brown informed us that there are 4 BMW dealerships that have been contacted in regards to the auto give a way. We are certain one of them will be donating a car to have at the course as well as pay the insurance. It was also found out that the insurance companies would offer other prizes for different hole-in-one holes as well as signs to promote them. Patty Bixby has offered to write a submission for the Profile on the details of the tournament.

Fun Rally The date for the rally has been changed from August 7th to August 14th due to scheduling at the restaurant that was chosen to end the rally. Susan Dugdale has investigated Daniel's Pub Restaurant in Henniker and will be working with them to see what type of buffet they can offer us, which will be affordable and attractive to rally participants. Jerry & Peggy Brenner have offered to aide Susan with the rally route as they have experience. The 3 of them will meet and iron out some details and report back to the committee at the next meeting.

BMW Vintage Marathon www.bmwvccca.org Basically, the Marathon spends 6 nights in the New England area and Reid Douglas would like to be able to conduct some form of event on virtually every night. He has asked both the Pine Tree Chapter and the Boston Chapter to designate a person to work with himself and WMC to look at the overall schedule for the event in the area and to put together the coordinated game plan for how we make the most of this opportunity. Once a designated person from each of the other chapters has been chosen, Reid will coordinate a Regional Vintage Marathon Committee. Reid will contact Melanie Brown as the representative of the WMC. Once the committee is formed, Melanie will be able to address this event with the entire social committee.

Third Annual Wine Tasting Date has been confirmed for November 5, 2004, reservation has been made and the same room that we had last year is available. The room will accommodate 25-30 people. Patty Bixby will be touching base with the same wine supplier as last year, who was very helpful.

Nova Scotia Trip According to Geoff Pascoe the club is moving forward to promote the driving school on September 10th and 11th of 2004. The driving events committee is handling this and we're hoping that Geoff himself will go and be able to scope out some of the area for us to help aid our efforts for 2005.

Northeast Exotic Car Show 2004 New England VCA Invitation - June 19th, 2004: Rich Davis brought this event to our attention as one that could be added to the calendar. Since it is a "plug and play" event, meaning someone else is organizing it, we feel as though it certainly would be an ideal event to add in. We don't believe that much will be expected from the events committee regarding this event and Melanie will be following up with Rich to make sure that was the intention of all involved. Due to the fact that it is the week prior to the golf tournament, any planning that is expected on our part will be limited.

Meeting Location It was discussed at the last meeting that a more convenient location would be looked into, someplace closer to the highway for easier access to all committee members. Melanie has agreed to check with the Bedford Wayfarer Inn to see if they can accommodate us.