March 2004 Meeting Minutes
	by Melanie Brown	March 25, 2004

Melanie Brown called the meeting to order at 6:40 pm. In attendance were Melanie Brown, Martin Callahan, Jan Mark Holzer, Tom Blinn, Susan Dugdale, Doug and Marie Pollard, Jerry and Peggy Brenner and Janet Levenson. Items discussed are presented below. Golf Tournament

* Volunteers for securing prizes/donations/hole and cart sponsorships. We are in DESPERATE need of helpers to get on the phone and help obtain sponsorships for a minimum of 18 hole signs and 32 cart signs. Sponsorship options include a Gold Hole, which would give the business an 8x10 sign for $100.00, a Silver Hole, a 5x7 sign for $50.00 or a Cart Sign, 5x7 for $50.00. We are also in need of prize donations for the raffles. This is not something that should be the responsibility of 1 or 2 people. This is going to need to be a very large group effort. * Volunteers for day of event, including set up, sign posting, prize give-a-ways, registration, etc. Melanie is putting together a punch list of how many volunteers will be needed on the day of the event to cover a number of responsibilities. Once done, we will designate volunteers. * Maple Syrup bottles as prizes. It was agreed by all that this is a very nice give-a-way, one that would be appreciated and used. It was decided that instead of giving each golfer a small bottle as part of the goody bag, we would give larger bottles out to winners of different contests such as longest drive, closest to the pin, etc. and have each bottle etched with the name of the contest on it. Melanie will be in touch with Laurie Wass to obtain pricing and availability. * Other goody bag give-a-ways. Since a member of the club who is an avid golfer suggested the idea of a divot tool to us, we've decided to include that in the bag along with any other prizes that we can obtain from donations. Laurie Wass mentioned that she may be able to get a company to donate a golf towel with their business name embroidered on it and we like that idea and will ask Laurie to investigate further. Jan Mark Holzer mentioned he would be willing to talk to his company to see what they could offer, perhaps some golf balls to add to the bag. * Car donor. At this time we are without a donation of a car to be given away for the hole in one. Bill Dodge, who had originally committed to do this, has backed out and we are investigating other options. Mike Cooney from Concord Motorsports has been contacted by Phil Brown, but has not given a firm decision yet. Jerry Brenner mentioned that he would give Tulley BMW a call to see what they might be able to do. * Potential grant recipient. There is a family in Laconia, NH that has filled out an application for a grant from The Weber Foundation. Melanie has been in touch with the PR person at the foundation to find out if we can donate the monies raised from this event to benefit this recipient. If the family qualifies for the grant, there is a good chance we will be able to do just that. This would be a VERY nice situation as it is a local family and will allow us to contact local businesses that will be more apt to participate due to the community involvement aspect.

Fun Rally

Susan Dugdale reported on the progress of the rally. With the help of the subcommittee, consisting of Tom Blinn, Jerry Brenner and Peggy Brenner the following information has been put together and presented to the committee:

When and Where

* Saturday, August 14th * Start: Meeting Place, Route 101, Amherst * Finish: Daniel's Restaurant, Henniker * First car off: 10:00 am * Finish: 5:30 to 6:30 pm * Group scoring: 6:30 pm * Dinner: 7:00 pm


* Route finalized, NRI in process o Will need volunteers to test NRI - Doug and Marie Pollard have volunteered for this. * ~200 miles around southwestern NH * ~ 6 hours runtime + ~ 1.5 hours breaks * 12 covered bridges plus 2 stone arch bridges * 3 legs, average speed varies, mileage and runtime provided for each leg * 2 stretches of well-maintained dirt less than 1 mile each * Same format as previous 2 years, questions embedded in NRI, plus photo identification o Need fonts from Martin * Poker hand


* Competition - 2 people per car, 1st, 2nd, 3rd place awards * Touring - as many people per car as you like, no awards


* T-shirts - optional at extra cost o Need production contact and cost info - Susan will contact Laurie Wass. * Dash plaques - included 1 per person, approximate cost $2/each * Awards o 1st place - certificate, no frame or plaque, plus NH Covered Bridge book o 2nd place - certificate plus pewter covered bridge ornament o 3rd place - certificate plus NH covered bridge map and guide o Poker hand - Burdick's chocolates * Hand-out on covered and stone arch bridges visited


* Placeholder with date and basic info on website now * Article on planning process in April/May Profile * Mary Thompson will do flyer and t-shirt design * Flyer available for next Profile submission deadline, May 7th (June/July issue) * Website update by May 10th * Registration via web (Paypal) or snail mail (check) opens May 15th * Email to Bulletin list * Notify Boston, Connecticut Valley chapters, Z3 club * Stuff flyers with Driving School registration info: 5/29, 6/7, 7/10, and 7/19 * Stuff flyers with Golf registration 6/26 * Official event name: Back Roads Rally 2004, Destination: Covered Bridges

Menu and Cost

* Restaurant booked, $200 deposit sent * Subcommittee recommendation and Approved by committee o Full Dinner Buffet o $95 per car includes driver and navigator o $35 per add'l person

Nova Scotia Driving Tour

Martin will be heading to the great white north in September to investigate this event and perform a dry run. Janet Levenson has done a tour of Nova Scotia in the past and still has information and route mapped out. She will be sharing this with Martin to aid him in his process. This event is under consideration for fall of 2005. Post Labor Day Party

Janet Levenson discussed a party that would be hosted by her and her husband at their home in Goffstown, NH on Saturday, September 11th. A relaxed, family oriented event where outdoor activities such as canoeing and volleyball can be played and a BBQ can be enjoyed. A blues band will be there for entertainment. This would be open to any member who wishes to attend with a small donation to cover the cost of the band and BBQ. The committee liked the idea and will continue to discuss adding this to the events calendar. Jefferson Bed and Breakfast

Janet also discussed a 14 room B&B in Jefferson, NH where we may entertain a late winter gathering. Again, a relaxed environment with access to skiing and winter sports that would be open to families. It was discussed for a possible February or March 2005 event, which was agreeable and desirable by the committee, as we have no other events scheduled after the Holiday Party in January until the track events start in April. Further discussion will take place and more details will follow.